Kino presents the best independent food, beers and wines in the heart of Leeds’ cultural scene.
Our Head Chef is former MasterChef: The Professionals semi-finalist Josh Whitehead, whose memorable dishes make the most of the incredible produce available in our region.
Housed in a newly renovated, beautiful Grade II-listed venue, with a long history as an assembly hall, cinema and performance venue, we bring you the best food, beers and wines from Yorkshire producers and local suppliers.
- We source good quality, fresh produce that’s locally sourced whenever and wherever possible
- We warmly welcome our customers to enjoy the best food and drinks in an informal and energetic atmosphere, inspired by the vibrancy of the cultural venues on our doorstep
- We support local businesses and work in close partnership with local producers and suppliers – this also keeps our carbon footprint as low as possible!
- We are at the heart of Leeds’ cultural district, below the Howard Assembly Room, next door to the Leeds Grand Theatre and surrounded by a wealth of amazing music venues.
- We champion sustainability. Kino runs on renewable electricity from our own solar panels and from the grid
- We are part of Opera North, a leading UK arts organisation and charity. With Kino we continue to do what we do best – entertaining through memorable experiences – adding seriously delicious food to our repertoire.
- Our name – Kino – is taken from the German word for cinema, reflecting the history of the Howard Assembly Room as a cinema, as well as the venue’s international cultural links, presenting the best in global music, talks, and film screenings.
We are proud to be working with the best independent food and drink suppliers and local producers, including:
- R&J Butchers, Kirkby Malzeard, North Yorkshire
- Tarbett’s Fishmongers, Leeds / Chapel Allerton
- Yorkshire Mushroom Emporium, Leeds
- Kirkgate Market, Leeds
- Kirkstall Brewery, Leeds
- Masons Gin, North Yorkshire
- North Star Coffee Roasters, Leeds
- Northern Monk Brewery, Leeds